CMS OverviewThe WCG Content Management System (CMS) allows our customers to easily keep their website up-to-date with fresh content, events, and images.
The WCG Developer Advantage
The WCG:CMS provides our customers a competitive advantage over Open Source 3rd party content management systems like WordPress because of our Developer Advantage. By working directly with the developers, you have a single point of communication for of your training, support and hosting. To think of it another way, using WCG is like hiring the authors of WordPress to run your website.
Common CMS Features
The WCG:CMS system offers the same features found in many 3rd party CMS systems, including:
- Ability to create and manage web pages
- Ability to upload images
- Choice of a many templates
We extend the CMS idea, with additional features built right into the CMS that we support, not add-on 3rd party extensions.
- Content Tagging. Our dynamic content tagging system allows you to quickly categorize similar content so your web site visitors can quickly locate all relevant information on your site.
- Location Mapping. We are mapping experts and have added this as a core feature of the WCG:CMS. Quickly create location records by entering an address and fine tuning the exact location on a Google Map. Then re-use the maps in your content to help your users locate exactly where an event will take place.
- Section Editor. Modern web layouts are build on section, and pages assemble sections. Our section editor allows you to quickly define sections, and include content in them.
- Secure Pages. In the WCG:CMS, you can quickly configure a page as "Secure", requiring visitors to enter a password before they can view the content.
Special Publishing Capabilities
The WCG CMS is used to publish several online newspapers, including EmeryVillageVoice.ca and MarkhamReview.com. Using our developer advantage, we've extended the capabilities of the basic content system to suit the needs of newspaper publishing. Newspaper features include:
- Issue Management. The content system provides screens to create issues, and associate articles with them.
- Issue Categorization. Articles can be categorized, and summary pages show all articles in a category
- Multi-Publishing. This allows publishers to associate an article with several websites, leveraging content.
- Online Advertising. Publishers can sell advertising slots in their website. The WCG:CMS allows publishers to specify the ad image, link, location, and dates that the ad should run for.