How To Apply
Although many of our students have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Autism 1 – We serve students with various neurocognitive challenges. Other diagnoses we serve include:
- Autism 1 (ASD);
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD);
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD);
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD);
- Executive Functioning Disorder (EFD);
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD);
- Non-Verbal Learning Disability (NVLD);
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD);
Such neurocognitive profiles frequently manifest problems in executive function skills. These include organization of ideas and materials, difficulty making and keeping friends, problems with fine and gross motor skills, immaturity, and weak pragmatic language skills.
Appropriate candidates for The Springstone School are of average or above average intellectual potential, have diagnosed or suspected learning disabilities, benefit from social skills and pragmatic language support, are seeking community connection, and have no primary emotional or behavioral challenges. Families who are looking to facilitate the independence and growth of their neurodiverse child thrive with Springstone’s seasoned faculty and proven methods.
How to Apply
Provide the following information:
- Your child’s most recent grades and grades from the previous year;
- A recent (within 2 years) psychological/educational evaluation or a speech and language assessment;
- A signed release form that allows us to discuss any materials you include with the professionals who prepared them;
- Your child’s current IEP, if your child is currently receiving special education services;
- Your child’s Behavior Support Plan (BSP), if one exists;
- Any other material you think will help us to understand your child and aid us in planning his/her educational and social goals; and
- A $ 150 non-refundable application process fee.
Send application, documents, and the $150 application fee to:
The Springstone School, 1035 Carol Lane, Lafayette, CA 94549
or Pay Application Fee Online!
Our Review Process
Application reviews begin in September for the following school year, after our first Group Tour, to determine the appropriateness of the placement. Interviews will be scheduled as we receive applications.
Parents and students are interviewed together and individually.
Students are invited to participate in an ongoing class for a “shadow day” before final decisions are made.
We offer open enrollment and accept applications throughout the school year and accept mid-year entrance when class space is available. We also accept students on a wait list for a currently full class.
We encourage interested families and advocates to join us on one of our monthly group tours.
We look forward to learning more about your child and how Springstone may support their academic and social growth and success!
Tuition for the 2023-2024 academic year is $30,000 not including summer session. There is an additional $400 one time annual activities fee.
Summer session or extended school year (ESY) is $3,300 for four weeks.
A $5,000.00 non-refundable deposit will be due in the Spring on a date determined after your child has been accepted.
If your student is placed at The Springstone School through the IEP process, then The Springstone School will enter into contract with your school district to arrange tuition payment through the district.